Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Ice Cream

I have been having a hard time lately.  My craving for sugar is at a peak and has been for weeks. Every time I drive by an ice cream/donut shop (damn those that have both under one roof), I have to stop myself from jumping out of the car and getting a donut a la mode. At least I have my memories.

Friday Dairy Queen Runs

For a stretch at the bank the turnover was very low, so I had the fortune of working with the same group of incredible women for eight years.  We enjoyed each others company so the work atmosphere was one of the best I have ever experienced. During these years we started a tradition during the summer or at least as soon as the placed opened in the spring, Friday Dairy Queen.  Yum.

A Peanut Buster Parfait, strawberry shortcake, a banana split, a Hot Fudge Brownie Delight, a chocolate sundae, a strawberry milkshake, a Pecan Cluster, a Pecan Cherry Blizzard with extra pecans and extra cherries, a chocolate malt, and a butterscotch sundae.   I do miss those ladies.

4 comments:

Jim Styro said...

Is it just me - or did it get hungry in here?

unmitigated me said...

I have something better for you...visit me here:

http://unmitigated.typepad.com/unmitigated/2009/05/wasnt-darryl-hannah-naked-in-that-one.html

Ellie Belen Ambrose said...

Perpetually Jim, perpetually.

Ellie Belen Ambrose said...

MAW, thanks for putting me on your list. I'm honored.

Related Posts with Thumbnails