Monday, December 22, 2014

Pasteles - Passing on a Tradition

Wow, it has been a long time since I've posted.  But priorities called and well, many new distractions, major and minutia - well, you feel me.

I'm feeling a little insincere about writing a new blog post.  I don't want to give my blog any false hopes in thinking I'm back. You see today's post is really about using the blog as a bookmark, to keep some info for me until I need it again. I'm not sure how that's going to go over.

"Hey blog, how's it going?"

"Where have you been? I've been sitting here waiting for you and waiting for you. What, no checking in, no updates, no comments, nada. What the hell?  I knew you were distractable, but sheesh."

"I need to find somewhere to stash my family's pastele recipe."

"I see. This is a drop and run visit. So you're only here to get a favor, because you got no where else to go, huh? What's wrong with your precious little word document? It kick you out or something? Did you type something that it couldn't recover for you?"

"Well, I really need to post the recipe somewhere central, locateable and super convenient, where my family can get to it as well."

"Convenient! Who you callin' super convenient? Let me tell you something.  First, you make no effort to make contact, second, you expect me to take in all your stuff, and third, let strangers peruse me for their own purposes."

"Yup, and there's pictures too. Lots of them."

"Sigh."

"Ooookay. I'm taking that as a yes.  Here is the pastele recipe."

"'I'm such a doormat."


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails