Sunday, June 3, 2012

Finding Our Song

The 30-day challenge is under way.  Day 3 is "They played our song." And We Work for Cheese is the inspiration.  I missed yesterday - roadblocks. But I hope no more roadblocks will get in my way for the next 27 days.


Finding Our Song

I have known my husband for 39 years, since the age of 15.  You would think that during all that time that we would have found "our song."  But no, I am still searching.

When we were dating back in the 70's, there were a lot of songs that could have been ours.  I listened to a lot of Motown and old blues, while my future husband was into jazz.  While we were dating, he was educating me on the best jazz musicians on the planet.  Beyond the vast library of jazz, we loved all types of music. We loved Frank Zappa, Chicago, Power of Tower, Blood Sweat and Tears and Queen. When we graduated in 1977, we were well acquainted with every song on the top 100 list. The variety and scope was immense.  I loved dancing to the disco.  The punk movement was happening.  So much music to pick from, but never did we say, "That is our song."

I have this fantasy, that I will sing a song to my husband on our 40th anniversary.  Although not a wedding anniversary, we've been married 25 years, we still celebrate the day he asked me to be his queen.  To me it will be in the lyrics, the message that the song conveys, the one that will say exactly what it means to be his girl, his wife, his lover, his life and how he has fulfilled my life.  I will find that song.  I have found inspiration in so many.  But the one I sing to him will be the one.  It will become "our song."  So its has to be perfect.  Perfect to last the rest of our lives.


2 comments:

P.J. said...

It sounds like you will find the perfect song for that 40th anniversary. Good luck with it!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

Now I'm worried you won't be able to find a perfect song. Although it sunds like you found the perfect man, so maybe you'll be okay. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails